Monday, July 18, 2005

Tales from the Crypto

I'm about halfway through Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. It's a very exciting book about the historical convergence of a WWII codebreaking and protecting unit and a present-day infromation-technology company. At any rate, it includes as a part of its plot the so called "Solitaire/Pontifex" Algorithm. It's pretty neat. You can read about it here. There's a web version of it here, to prevent you from having to do it all by hand. There's also a downloadable version here.

I think it appeals to me because I went to Bletchley Park right before my senior year in high school for a special history class....and well, I love secret-agent stuff. If you like that sort of thing you can send me a message if you decrypt this. You might need to cut and paste a couple times.

Passkey: blogspot

GNXYQYJMUQJVQGPBGGCUQFKARZ
MZHEMONZTHXMUDANNSYCZAIALH
CVVXXRXJOCQACLPMDYNPFSREZWG
FXNBGBCHSLFXNYKHALFQARGIGGG
WBUYBFFFGMZWQORNAMMZZZVQS
CAFTFHHDMQVXIOBZUZNTFZGELYL
APUDXLDSGTQ ZNCCDJXATUFFJUOU
AAHUJOZXBTTDIQ

No comments: