Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Eddie Cocker?


Pass this on to yer family and friends....even enemies if you are into fighting hate with love.


The olde mother, as she is wont to do, has forwarded me another e-mail for my perusal. This one caught my eye however...The National Do Not Call List. Apparently cell phone numbers are going to be released to telemarketers in about a month, and we'll be charged with costs just like any other cell call. While I don't have any problem with individual telemarketers--the companies that hire them are evil entities fit to be exterminated. So please login here to register your phones. For your enjoyment here's a typical conversation. I'm in blue.

*ring ring*

Hello?

Hello?

Hello?

Uh yes, is Mr.....Cocker there?

Yes, this is him.

Hello Ed Cocker, this is Thomas from Pigeon Forge Travel. Have you ever been to Pigeon Forge before?

Yes, I've driven through there a couple of times, but I'm probably never going to go back there.

Great! So you've seen our town. Well we have several packages for weekend getaways we'd love to offer you.

I just said I'd never go....well anyways I'm busy for the forseeable future playing ultimate frisbee all weekend long.

...... ....... How about the last weekend in October? The leaves are beautiful here. Have you ever been to Dollywood?

That weekend is nationals, sorry. I've never been to Dollywood and I don't want to go. Have a nice day!

Did you know that Pidgeon Forge has hiking, several great restaur....

Hey, I've told you several reasons I am not coming to Pidgeon Forge OR Dollywood. If you don't listen to me, I'm not listening to you. G'day.

*click*

1 comment:

Edelman said...

my rule is this—if they can't pronounce my name, they don't know me nor deserve my attention. this rule has gotten me in trouble with my bank once when they called me mr. eedlman. is my name really that difficult to pronounce? and c'mon, coker? does that really even look like you would pronounce it cocker?

i think you were far too civil with him, though. i like to mess w/them a little, like get all quiet and whisper, "shh...hold on. can you help me out for a second? how do you keep a bleeding six-year old quiet in the closet? he just won't stop yowling."

usually they hang up after this and/or beastiality references.