Thursday, October 06, 2005

New Speechwriter Please.

Excerpt from President Bush's speech on the War in Iraq, given for the National Endowment for Democracy today. My commentary in black.

I want to welcome former Congressman Dick Gephardt, who is a board member of the National Endowment for Democracy.

It's good to see you, Dick.

Classic, and always funny.

And I appreciate Chris Cox, who's the chairman of the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission and a board member for the National Endowment for Democracy, for being here as well.

And I want to thank all the other board members.

Here's where the speechwriter should be fired. The main, serious part of the speech hasn't hit yet. They miss on this golden opportunity finish off the setup with "It's good to see you, Cox". Woulda made the speech. Instead he continues on about "war justification" and "staying the course". Oh well.

2 comments:

Edelman said...

fool me once...

...

...um shame on...

shame on you. fool me...well we can't be fooled again.

Ned said...

Ya'll know I had to put the worlds biggest dork as the picture. I couldn't resist.